Giro Reverb Bike Helmet Review
If you are like me and enjoy commuting with your bike to work and back in the summer months you know how important it is to own a bike helmet. The traffics hectic at times and I have had some incidents where I have nearly been knocked off my bike.
Well, when I decided it is time for a new bike helmet, I started looking around on Amazon to buy a new one and landed on the Giro Reverb helmet page. When looking at it for the first time my impressions were undecided whether to pop this urban commuter helmet on my noggin.
Finally, I put my prejudices aside and bought myself one.
Style and Design of the Giro Reverb
Giro Reverb Bike Helmet Colors
I have been wearing lid type helmets for a very long time and when looking at this Giro Reverb you think back to the early heritage marquees times only lacking the weight. The helmets created with a hard outer shell with nine-vents and great when used while commuting to work.
I chose the Matte Dark Shadow amongst the nine colors available on Amazon – however, believe there are eleven colors available. I chose this helmet as my bike has enough reflectors and my clothing provide enough reflection for other motorists to see.
The helmets a bit on the heavy side, but fits snug on my head and that is important, especially if knocked off your ride. It is made of a hard-hitting substance designed of a polycarbonate shell. It comes with coordinated straps with a self-adjusting system and automatically adapts when adding headbands and similar accessories to it.
For those that do commute while raining the Giro Reverb helmet offers you with a fair defense against the wind and rain. However, personally I have not tried it yet! Moreover, would expect you to wear some wool cap to protect your noggin from being drenched.
- The Giro Reverb is reinforced with an in-mold construction around the ribs and vents that creates a one-piece exoskeleton allowing the helmet to be a bit lighter, providing durability and ventilation
- It has a retro style and webbing that slides
- There are 9 vents available in the helmet
- It has a removable cap-style visor protecting your eyes
- The loc retention construction joined with an elastic band at the back is fixed into position and automatically adjusts to your head once set in the three different settings
- The helmets CPC certified
As I buy most of my products directly online from Amazon, I normally read all the customer reviews available, as I need to know what I am buying. I found the Giro Reverb Review available interesting.
Most customers are satisfied with the result and the main reason I bought it was that they liked the style, the comfortable fit, and the adjustable plastic cage that is adjustable to three different fittings.
The Giro Reverb Helmet Pros and Cons
- The Giro Reverb helmet makes a comfy fit while the adjustable inner cage works great
- It is a bit on the heavy side, although much lighter than the previous commuter helmets I have worn
- The helmet has a stylish design and does not look like a fishbowl on my head and important it is durable and provides safety
- It provides enough ventilation as my traveling to works not that far
The only problem I found with the black helmet is that it does have risks with the paint going dull when receiving light scratches – however, I keep polishing it up making it look brand new again.
When summer arrives, I enjoy commuting to work with my bike and as mentioned previously safety is very important. This is where my Giro Reverb helmet is one of the important accessories while riding my bike. It is secure making it a bonus for me. It provides enough ventilation and the adjustable setting works great for the head. Think safety!