Bell Super 2 Helmet Review
Last fall at a trailhead, I noticed this guy wearing a Bell Super 2 Helmet and after a long discussion with him, I thought to myself this is one swanky mountain bike helmet. I went out, bought myself one, and since then I have never looked back. I enjoy rallying hard and at times I can be a klutz and this helmet has held up well from the time I have bought it.
When you look at the bike helmet, you may wonder why you need a removable chin bar – well if you are like me who enjoys cycling to work, back, and still head out to the hills that chin bar keeps the helmet secure to my head. After getting the confidence together, I finally decided that it is time to share my own Bell Super 2 Helmet Review with you with all the ins and outs that make this helmet one of the best to buy.
Read this Bell Super 2 Helmet Review to know why you should go for it
Bell Super 2 Helmet
The Bell Super is a versatile helmet that almost anyone can wear as it has helped me to increase my safety, gives me confidence, and lets me push myself to the limits as the helmets packed with the latest safety technology. The helmet has gone through some difficult terrains with me in Colorado during the winter months except for me falling on my face that you can go and test for yourself.
What is there to like about this helmet? One can like many things about this safety helmet.
The Helmets Adjustable
The key to wearing this helmet while you are flying through the rough terrain is the fact that you can adjust it while cycling. The Bell team has thought of everything and made it easier for you as it has a trustworthy TAG fit system. While you are flying down the hill or cycling up rough terrains, you are able to loosen it up or even cinch it down to wear a beanie with it. The weather gets cold out there! While attaching the chin bar it makes the helmet fit tighter.
The Chin Bar
You may feel that the chin bar is actually a stupid idea that is what I thought in the beginning. However, once I started cycling with it on my helmet fits more securely to my head. The great thing is that you can remove the chin bar and keep it in your pocket or a bag.
The Unique Design
Bell Super 2 Helmet Design
Another important thing is that the Bell Super 2 is not only certified to go downhill they have taken it a step further and certified it with CE EN1078 and CPSC standards. The helmets ICEdot compatible that notifies people with your health information by using a coded PIN found on the helmet. The only thing you need to do is register the PIN. This is superb especially if you do find yourself in an emergency – luckily, for me, I have not had the use for this.
The helmet weighs 646 grams and very light compared to most other competitors and it has 23 vents giving you enough airflow to keep that noggin cool and protected. It also has brow ports and a chin vent. Unfortunately, it works too well in winter and that is why I wear a beanie with it.
- One of the nice features is the adjustable visor that works without a fuss and works well with a pair of Enduro-approved goggles placed out of the way on the visor
- Another unique design is the breakaway screws for the visor as you can easily replace them in a fall
- With the GoggleGuide Visor System you can wear your safety glasses proudly and even stow them away on the brow of the helmet, away under the visor until you need them again – the visor systems adjustable
- For safety, it has an In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell that gives you full protection with a lower rear coverage
- If you want to use a fancy camera to make videos while you are trailing the mountains it has a built-in Breakaway Camera Mount that helps to protect your head and the camera – the great thing about this design is that it lets go once you topple and rolls away
- You even get ventilation under your brow as it has Overbrow Ventilation
- As mentioned before the TAG™ Fit System dial is superb and helps you to make adjustments while on the go
- Now the crown jewel of the Bell Super to protect your head is the Wraparound Chin Bar that keeps the helmet secure on your head
- Then you have the X-Static Padding that makes for a perfect fit
- The great thing is that you can buy the bike helmet in 11 different vibrant colors
- The helmet weighs 360 grams and has 23 vents and 4 brow ports, enough ventilation to keep you nice and cool during the hot summer months
- For safety the helmets certified with CPSC Bicycle and CE EN1078
- And you get a one-year limited warranty, but remember to register your product with them
When you read this Bell Super 2 Helmet Review and do not want to take my word that this is one of the best mountain biking helps, you can find some great feedback from customers online. The helmet received an excellent rating at different suppliers online as it gives you a comfortable fit, the adjustable retentions superb, and the fact that you can buy the chin bar separate if needed. While some users had a problem with the size guide, they still feel the helmets worth buying.
Pros and Cons Related to the Bell Super 2 Helmet
- Can buy the helmet in different colors
- Has enough ventilation ports to keep your head cool
- Has comfortable padding to keep your head dry
- The retention system is great
- Looks stylish
- The ICE pin is a handy feature to have and can save your life
- Can buy the chin bar separate
- With the chin bar, it keeps your helmet secure in place
- Does not give you great nutrition access especially while you are cycling and does not work well with a hydration pack
- Overall when you wear the helmet it is quiet but once you add the chin bar your breathing sounds amplified and can become a disturbance with some people
I hope that you have enjoyed my Bell Super 2 Helmet Review. If you are as skeptical as I was at the beginning, first decide what your trail needs are. If you cannot get by with a traditional trail helmet, the chin bar gives you extra security when cycling technical trails. The great thing is that with this helmet you get the best of both worlds to use it with or without the chin bar. Since I bought this helmet, Bell has already released a newer version with MIPS and looks cool. So add it to your wish list and make your dream come true, as being safe is better than losing your front teeth.